How important is it to eat breakfest while pregnant?

i get up monday-friday at 5:30 and by 6:30 im hungry but i get so nauseous with what im eating, i just cant eat it anymore. any moms or expecting moms know what i should do or what would help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 AM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• try eating a few crackers before u get up give urself like 10 min. so ur belly isnt upset then maybe it will be eaiser to eat breakfast for you
    momma2angels777

Answer by momma2angels777 at 7:31 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• If you're having morning sickness, maybe you should try just grazing on what you can tolerate to try and keep your energy up. Don't sweat it too much! If you're getting enough to eat over the whole day, you'll be OK.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:22 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I think it depends how far along you are.....I don't remember eating that much in the morning early on in my pregnancies, but by the 2nd trimester, you really should be doing it...
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 7:21 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• try things like toast, oatmeal, or eggs, thats whay i could eat anyway.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 7:25 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• im 9 almost 10weeks. i guess i get hungry quicker because i dont eat much dinner since i dont feel hungry but i eat a lil anyway so my mom doesnt freak out.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:27 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• It doesn't need to be a huge breakfast, but at least getting something in your stomach is a good idea. Maybe a banana and a piece of dry toast. Having an empty stomach can sometimes contribute to nausea, as the stomach will cramp and gurgle.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:23 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I always NEEDED breakfast. In fact, I'd wake up starving at around 5 am. I started getting Boost Drinks and that DanActiv drinkable yogurt for that. I'd wake up, head to the fridge, chug one of each, then go back to sleep. :) In the earlier days of my pregnancy, I'd eat toast with peanut butter. My husband would bring it to me before I even got out of bed. For me, at least, it was VERY important that I eat. I've always had problems with fainting if I didn't eat and my blood sugar dropped. Definitely not something I wanted to happen while I was pregnant. Hope you feel better.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:14 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I think getting ANYTHING in your stomach is going to help with the queasiness and be good. Even if its just a few crackers or a glass of milk, its better than nothing.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 11:05 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• you need something in your stomach. Try toast, crackers or waffles
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:04 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• How far along are you? because I thi k after awhile that goes away. Every now and then i still get sick in the belly. I try to eat saltine crackers and or a piece of fruit.
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 1:14 PM on Mar. 17, 2011