Motion Sickness

My little girl whom is 5 gets motion sickness. We will be flying over sea's this Dec. Does anyone out there have idea's for me?
Idea's on what she can do during the travel
What she can eat
What has worked for other Mom's to make travel non sickness...

claras_mommie

Asked by claras_mommie at 5:12 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Dramamine. I swear by it! I am not sure if they make it for kids so you can try a little benadryl. Seriously, sleep is the best thing for motion sickness.
    Anonymous

• Dramamine and Bonine will probably put her to sleep. Which may not be a bad thing.
    Otherwise, get some crystalized ginger and see if she'll eat it. Nibbling on it will help more than the meds would. You can find it in the spice aisle or the asian food section.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:32 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• try letting her chew gum when the plane ascends and descends. It helps with the whole ear popping, sick tummy thing. If you have babies, then a pacifier or a bottle will work. Its the whole chewing thing that is the key.
    MommaMcG

Answer by MommaMcG at 7:56 PM on Nov. 25, 2008