Can anyone help me with starting a nonprofit?

I need to know who can be an authorized representative, and how do I find good qaulified board members? Any help would be well appreciated. Thanks in advance.

msdee4me

Asked by msdee4me at 8:24 AM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Money & Work

• What type of non-profit is it?
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:16 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I would look into www.sba.gov as well as Legal Zoom- https://www.legalzoom.com. When you start the paperwork at legal zoom, it will ask you about the board members as well as give you suggestions based on what others have answered who have a non-profit business similar to yours. Their is no obligation to go through Legal Zoom by doing the questionnaire so it might get you pointed in the right direction.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:24 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I would like to thank you very much. Resale shop, soup kitchen and food pantry.
    msdee4me

Comment by msdee4me (original poster) at 12:57 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• There are plenty of networking groups for those in NFPs. Find one in your area.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:55 PM on Mar. 17, 2011