Will the hostility stop?

My cat had kittens on July 31. We kept 2. She doesn't seem to like them much anymore. She is always hissing and growling at them. She chases them away from the food dishes. I'm not talking about her trying to wean them, they get that picture. It seems as if she genuinely doesn't like them. Will this change? Will she learn to like them again?

Thanks.

Pauline3283

Asked by Pauline3283 at 5:38 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Pets

• Your cat is showing aggression because those are her bowls, her food. They are invading her personal space. Sometimes if you put another food and water bowl in another place in the house it helps. The other cats will learn they can go there and let her have her own things. Even if she doesn't like them they can still be in the same home most the time. As long as they are not fighting to the point of blood shed.
    Xee

Answer by Xee at 2:52 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• my hubby said that if she dont like them she wont ever like them i wouldnt kno.
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 5:40 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• She could be establishing dominance but it seems odd. I have a male and brought in two abandoned kittens. We had the mother but she was doing the same thing. It really struck me as being odd. We gave the mother to an older woman with a female cat and she was fine. It's like she just didn't get along with males, she let some scars on my older male and my dog. I don't even know what to tell you to change it but just know you are not the only one with a crazy cat?
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 7:30 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• i think if separating the bowls doesn't work in order to keep healthy cats the mother or the baby's should go. get your cat spayed. she would be friendlier as well. you know not so many hormones going crazy.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:51 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• my momma kittie ran away, and we think its because we kept one of the kitties. she started attacking him then one day just didnt come home.i miss her.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 2:07 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Thanks for the replies.

In response. She does that over all bowls, no matter which bowl and where we put them. It's not just one set of bowls in one location. I do plan on getting her fixed ASAP. It's been put off far too long, she never should have had kittens at all.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 3:55 PM on Nov. 25, 2008