Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need advice on accepting a job....

hubby is waiting to hear if he will be offered a particular job (it could be any day between now and Dec 1st, but the company wouldn't pinpoint an exact deadline). Today hubby got a call from another company where the job is more desirable, possibly better pay (although we don't it), and could provide more training opps. The interview for that job is scheduled for dec 3. He had been out of a job for over a month, and we don't want to be greedy...but what do we do if he is offered the first job before he interviews for the 2nd? Is it okay to accept the first, but still go through with the interview? If he accepts the first and then is offered job #2, is it okay to quit the first job after a few days? We are torn...please help. No bashing..I am looking for honest to goodness help.


Asked by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • I personally would accept the first and go thru with the interview. If he doesn't get the interview job, then at least he has a job by accepting the first. And if the interview goes well and he gets offered the job, and it's better opportunities, etc., then he can take it. I know some people may not agree with me, but in today's economy, you have to go with what's best for your family. Good luck!

    Answer by tropicalmama at 6:25 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

  • Is there any way if he's hired for the one job he could hold off a few days before starting? That way maybe the one that he wants will know about the other one? If the other one came through and he's hired for it, I would certainly call the other one and explain that he was offered a better opportunity. They will either understand and make a better offer or not, but at least you did the right thing and let them know, as opposed to him just not showing up.

    Answer by Sue41 at 6:23 PM on Nov. 24, 2008