Why do some kids not eat the?

crust on the bread? When I make sandwiches for my boys they eat everything but the crust. Is there anyway of getting them to eat all of it? the bread I feed my children is homemade; I don't cut the crust off either

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 8:49 AM on Mar. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• my kids are the same way! im not sure why. my 4 year old just says she doesn't like the crust. i try to encourage her to eat it by telling her it will make her hair shiny, but she doesn't care LOL. she's such a dainty eater so im just happy that she atleast eats the rest of the sandwich. maybe as they get older they grow out of this phase.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:51 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• my 8 yr old is that way, but so is my husband so i guess thats where he gets it from.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 8:52 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Some adults are that way. I dont eat crust LOL. I think its gross. Some of my kids were the same way when they were small then outgrew it, some didnt. It is just a preference.

Answer by gemgem at 8:55 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• My girls are the same way. I just gave up on trying to make them eat it. I cut it off without even thinking about it now!
    mommyxdos

Answer by mommyxdos at 9:12 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• My kids don't like it either. If I don't pull/cut it off they will eat the sandwich out of the middle. I'm not sure why, but I don't make them eat it.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 9:16 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Because it's dry and not very favorful.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 9:08 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• my ds has never had the crust cut off, so he eats it. i always make sure the butter for his toast is all over the bread, including the crust though...try doing that. i have heard that most of the vitaimins are in the crust.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 9:40 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Idk. My 4 yo doesn't eat the crust and the rest of us do. I have no idea where he got it.
    sokkamum

Answer by sokkamum at 10:46 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I don't eat the crust on my bread. I don't know why.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 11:34 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I think it's a texture thing. The crust of bread tends to be super dry and tasteless. Personally, on homemade bread or Italian and French bread...I love the crust better.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:12 PM on Mar. 17, 2011