Why do i get althetes foot?

i keep my feet clean and washed and use the cream but is there a way to prevent it.

jenn4443

Asked by jenn4443 at 8:55 AM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Health

• It is a fungus that thrives in moisture. So you may be getting it in your own bath or shower. Try disinfecting that area, and try using an anti-fungal powder on your feet rather than a cream
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:58 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Try using the powder instead... and put it in all your shoes. I could be that the fungus is still living in your shoes, or you are getting it off of a surface you are walking on... gym floor, bathroom etc. Socks will not keep you from it. Ask your doc as well, ther may be a RX medicine that you can take if you have reoccurant fungal infections.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:59 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• **(anti-fungal powder that is)
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:00 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I would think if it keeps coming back, that maybe you haven't gotten rid of it all the way, so you see it coming back over and over.

The other ladies give a lot of good advice. I would continue treatment for several days beyond when you think it is gone just to be sure.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:33 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Spray your shower or bath (wherever you bathe) down with bleach. Tell your S/O to be treated for it too. You may be reinfecting each other. That's why you need to wear shower shoes in public showers, like at gyms.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:27 PM on Mar. 17, 2011