I need help in training my three year old son. he doesn't like to go in the potty. But when he does pee in his pull-ups he will take them off. What should I do?

How can i get my three year old to pee more on the potty than in his pull-ups?

trish-a

Asked by trish-a at 5:51 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I agree, ditch the pull ups. As soon as I put underwear on my dd she used the potty all the time bacause she didn't like wet pants. I did still use the pull ups at night for a bit, but eventually she told me they were uncomfortable and wouldn"t wear them at all.
    nicholeml

Answer by nicholeml at 6:53 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Stop using pull-ups buy him some underwear I had to do this with my son he didn't like peeing in his pants and started using the potty
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 5:56 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Yep, ditch the pullups. I only use them if I know it will be hard to get to a potty in time - like on a road trip or a LONG outing at the park.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:12 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• My son was similar so my pediatrician told us that pull ups are a waste of time and told us to train him naked. By not putting anything on him, not underwear either, he will realize that he just can't pee on the floor. Honest to god it worked in 3 days! Hasn't had an accident ever...Good luck!
    ljliammama

Answer by ljliammama at 8:18 AM on Nov. 25, 2008