My daughter is a nudist... Help!

My 14 month old is a complete nudie baby! She takes off her clothes... even her diaper. It was cute before the last few days, now she strips down and sits down on the couch and pees... today it has already happened twice. I have tried putting zippered sleepers on her as well to keep her from stripping, but she has now figured those out as well, any suggestions?

MiMiKKrY

Asked by MiMiKKrY at 5:57 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Onsies saved me for a while, now it a backward diaper and onsies under clothes now that is colder.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 5:50 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I had one like that, they do grow out of it. I just kept enforcing the fact that being naked wasn't for everyone else to see. One good thing is that she seems to be expressing early potty training signs.
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 6:03 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• It's definitely a phase that some of go through, probably without realizing it half the time.

I went through it when I was about three. I embarrassed the hell out of my mom and grandma because I would run outside in the front yard and strip off all my clothes. Now, I was too young to remember WHY I did it...or I would tell you why, lmao.

I agree with Geminus, keep telling her that not everyone wants to see her naked. Naked time is only for her and you and her dad, when she's changing or taking a bath. She'll grow out of it just like I did :D I'm not a weird nudist or freak now, lol.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:07 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I really don't care that she is naked, she really only does it at home, but I DO care that she is using the whole house as a potty... LOL
    MiMiKKrY

Answer by MiMiKKrY at 6:37 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Maybe introduce her to the potty and tell her that you go pee pee in the potty not on the house? I used tape on my DD's diaper when she started this, people gave me looks but it kept my couch dry.
    MAyers

Answer by MAyers at 8:08 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• My mom used to cut the feet out of a couple pair of our pjs and she would put them on us backwards with socks so that we wouldn't be able to un-zip them. That's probably what I will do if my dd starts doing that. So far we have been lucky!
    CadysMom

Answer by CadysMom at 6:48 PM on Nov. 25, 2008