Is it really so wrong to tell your husband everything?

I think he is my best friend and i don't see the harm in it because he would never tell anyone the things i tell him. and i know alot of friends do the same thing with thiers and that doesn't bother me. but i guess i don't have any deep dark secrets and neither do they. we have boring lives.

jenn4443

Asked by jenn4443 at 9:09 AM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• I tell my SO everything. I don't see it as a problem. Even stuff my friends tell me, yes I tell him. And when I talk to my friends, I am very much aware that they may be doing the same thing with their husbands, so if I don't want their husbands to know, I just don't tell my friend.

I think that not sharing with your partner is what leads to problems. It's one thing to not tell them what you got them for Christmas or their birthday, or to hide the package of very expensive chocolates because you know he'll eat them all. That's not a big deal. But if you're hiding what you do, where you go, the speeding ticket you got last week, stuff like that, it leads to problems.

I've always figured it's better to tell more than he wants, and let him tell me he doesn't want me to tell him about that than to keep stuff and have him upset that I'm hiding things.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 9:24 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Why is sharing everything with your husband wrong? How can sharing with your best friend, the person you are sharing your life with, your partner, your love be wrong?
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 9:11 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• It's not wrong if you want to share everything with him. It is wrong if you tell someone you will hold their secret in confidence and then you tell your husband (as in an earlier post today). I don't have the need to tell mine every single thought in my head. Somethings I just keep to myself.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:28 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Thats AWESOME!!!!!!!! I dont see anything wrong with that!!!!!!!!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 9:14 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I see nothing wrong with it.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 9:26 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I tell my DH everything, he is my BFF and he is the same with me, we don't keep anything from each other.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:28 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• He is my best friend. I tell him everything. If I were to feel the need to keep something secret, that's a sign that something is wrong in our relationship.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:28 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I tell mine most things, but not things my friends have told me in private, especially not the things they would be embarrassed for others to know. Other than that, we have no secrets.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:31 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I tell DH everything he is my best friend also.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 10:16 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• There is nothing wrong with being married to your best friend and telling him everything.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:19 AM on Mar. 17, 2011