Was it hard finding green to send your kids to school in?

LOL ... my daughter has a pink "green is so last year" t-shirt, that everytime she tried to wear it the last month I told her put it back in the drawer so she would have it for St Patricks day, Guess what couldn't be found this morning...grrrrr.

My oldest (18) realized she doesn't own one piece of green.

The boys were easy, one wore a t-shirt with writing and the other found an ols baseball belt that was green.

pammomof9

Asked by pammomof9 at 9:12 AM on Mar. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• They each have one shirt that has green on/in it. They both wanted to wear them yesterday and I made them wait until today.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:24 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• To be honest, I bought those novelty t-shirts from Wal-Mart. My older 3 kids did not have anything green at all. But I was able to find something for me and the baby.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 9:14 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• my 8 yr old was easy, but my 16 yr old refused to wear green anyway and said if anyone pinches him they will be in trouble. he likes to wear black.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:15 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• No. My ds's fave color is green. Today, his green tee is advertising the The Peabody Ducks/Memphis. :)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:15 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• My oldest is not wearing green (he does not have anything green). My middle has quite a few green shirts and today grabbed his favorite GB Packers shirt to wear. My youngest is wearing green sweatpants and a green/blue truck shirt. He picked it out yesterday when he reminded me today was "saint Pat day" and he needed to wear green today.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:16 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I had no problem finding green for them to wear. I learned the hard way when the oldest was in K. lol Oldest loves St. Patty's Day and she is home with an evil stomach bug today. I feel so bad for her.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 9:17 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• My kids are on Spring Break so no school...but I do have some green for them when they do manage to drag themselves up this morning & get dressed. My oldest went to work early this morning& I didnt see what he had on under his (blue) work shirt so he might not have a green shirt on. The shirt I have for my 4 yr old says "Happy St. Patrick's Day" on it (but for some reason its white...at least the writing is green! lol) My 5 yr old has a green Tinker Bell shirt. My 13 yr old has an old green sweatshirt that belonged to her brother. I know my other son is planning on a green shirt (he's at his dad's but I spoke to him). I said "Tomorrow's St. Patty's day!" He said "Oh good! I"ll be rockin' the green shirt tomorrow" lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• My son has to follow dress code. Which sucks!!! But he will be in green when he gets home.
    KellyOh72

Answer by KellyOh72 at 9:28 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I don't send them to school in anything. They put on what they want. And yes, they chose to wear green because the "bully" said she'd pinch anyone who wasnt' wearing green.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• my kids all have green shirts just so they could wear them today. they were so excited they could.
    clumm

Answer by clumm at 10:04 AM on Mar. 17, 2011