How safe are the products in your bathroom?

Did you know that many products you buy at the supermarket contain potentially harmful ingredients, products such as shampoos, cosmetics, household cleaners, toothpaste, and others? What do you think, should a mom do?

Goneways

Asked by Goneways at 6:12 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Health

• Well you could stop using these products, but since they are good for personal hygiene I think I will keep using them. I remember years ago I came across a website that was just for people who decided to go all natural and they had an interesting take on it. I can't remember what it was though. It had something to do with detoxifying your body and not using ANY processed foods or products. I don't think there is anything we can do short of using the tips on that website but basically it's not using soaps to bathe and stuff.
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 6:22 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Well, I've been exposed to these chemicals my entire life and so far I'm ok. My kids aren't drinking the shampoo. As for cleaning products, we use white vinegar. I don't wear makeup unless it's a big occassion. If these chemicals bother you, consider looking into what's in your tap water. Lots of tap water has too much chlorine in it...and I think chlorine has been linked to 30 different kinds of cancer (something like that). Think what other chemicals your putting into your body...it's sad.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:25 PM on Nov. 24, 2008