What do you think of this?

NPR recently reported on an investigation they carried out about traumatic brain injuries. Basically, the military was refusing to give the Purple Heart to folks who had ended up with TBI from enemy action.

Today NPR reported that the army has revised their guidelines and are now promising that any soldier who didn't get a purple heart for TBI will have their case "aggressively" reconsidered.

Thoughts? (Here's the link to today's story on NPR).

FelipesMom

Asked by FelipesMom at 9:33 AM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• There is a long history of ignoring certain types of service related injuries. In a perfect world, all the men who were permanently damaged in combat and spend the rest of their lives combating the nightmares, night terrors, depression and other related problems would be acknowledged as well.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:53 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Why the military seems to be so dismissive of alot of their soldiers is beyond me.

Its good to see some of that is changing. They held a conference recently about sucicdes and PTSD....I hope it leads somewhere

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:38 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• The government is always ignoring our military this is why we need to bring them home, NOW!!!

They don't need to be out getting hurt if we are not going to take care of them and thank them for their sacrifice.

gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:25 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• What is the matter with you Jesse ? Are you saying that everything NPR reports is all lies ? Do you have to be unpleasant about a very serious topic ?
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 10:15 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I was SO MAD when I heard the initial story about denying TBI victims the Purple Heart. And I was ELATED to hear the news this morning!!! :o)
    FelipesMom

Comment by FelipesMom (original poster) at 9:45 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I feel happy! Sad that it happens but glad that our military is starting to realize what is truly important. Sacrifice is sacrifice.
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 9:50 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• here's hoping for a perfect world, NP!
    FelipesMom

Comment by FelipesMom (original poster) at 11:19 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• NPR, really. I don't believe anything they 'report'.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:43 PM on Mar. 17, 2011