Me and my husband fight every morning!!

It is getting to the point I'm about to leave him. He is so hard to get up and he will set like 4 alarms for 7:30 until 8:05. I don't sleep good all night bc of my baby, so I want to sleep until tye baby wakes up but noo I have to make sure the dh wakes up. He has to be at work at 8:30 and gets up at 8:05.

By that time im already frustrated bc of the million alarms goin off! And then my ds wakes up so I'm mad! And dh don't understand! So we fight and argue.

This is an every morning thing! It dont sound bad but it really is bc y can't he get his butt up when the alarms go off?!?! I don't even know why he sets it so early. Idk what to do!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• yeah.. welll, try setting an alarm clock that isn't neat the bed so he has to physically get up to turn it off.. what time does he go to bed?I have to get up at 0540 to be to work (as does hubby) when I work days.... so I dunno 0800 sounds like luxury to me! good luck!
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 10:02 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• If it were me, I would sleep in another room and if he can't get up to all those alarms going off, that would be on him. You need your sleep as well because you need it just to function and you're taking care of your baby too.
    virgo550

Answer by virgo550 at 10:04 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• OMG my ex boyfriend was like that!... he would have like four.. wtf
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 10:05 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Give him one wake up and tell him you are not gonna wake him up again so he better get up. You are his wife not his babysitter and he is a grown man and needs to learn to get up by himself. If you were not there he would need to do that. I get up and shut the alarm off and tell my dh ONE time that he needs to get up if he wants to get up cuz I am not waking his but up again. I just make sure that he acknowledges that I told him to get up.
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 10:05 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• He's an adult. You should not have to wake him up. Sleep in another room and forget about him and his alarms.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:11 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• If he is that hard to wake up in the morning, maybe he needs to go to bed earlier! My DH was having a hard time getting up at 4 when the alarm went off and he moved the time he went to bed up by just 30 minutes and it improved. Maybe talk to him about that? And for sure, tell him that setting 4 alarms is getting everyone in the house up, when he is the only one that needs to get up. Have a talk with him at some other time besides when you are mad about it in the morning. Be calm and polite about it, but definitely tell him what's on your mind.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:11 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• We hve tried the putting it away from the bed but guess who.gets up and turns it off? Me! He has always depended on someone waking him up is the reason he's like this! And he always tells me that I married him knowin he was like this therefore it is my responsibilty! Its really makin me crazy just bc we fight and he don't change! I am working on gettin more matresses for our extra bedroom so I can sleep in there but I know he will not get up and will lose his job :-/. Maybe not. Thanks for ll your answers bc he makes me feel like I'M THE BAD PERSON in this situation!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:15 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• if he gets up he gets up.thats not ur problem
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 10:17 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• And he goes to bed around 11-12 pm. He does need to get in bed earlier like 10? We will try that and see...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:17 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• You need to stop waking him up. He needs to be responsible for getting his own self up in the mornings. He is not in high school; he's a married man with a family, and you are not his mommy. Let him miss a day of work or be late. Yes, you will be risking his losing his job, but that will be his fault, and not yours. You are enabling him to be a slackard and irresponsible. So tonight, go to sleep in the baby's room with the door closed, and tell your husband he is on his own so far as getting up is concerned. Tell him if he's late or misses work, it will be on him and that you are done living the way you've been living. If there's anything more you can do to block the sound of multiple alarms going off, then do it. This is ridiculous and it is up to you to put an end to it. Let him say whatever he wants to say. The truth is that this is his responsibility and not yours, so let it go!!!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:28 AM on Mar. 17, 2011