what do i do? don't reply if your gonna be rude

ok this is 2 a previous question i asked so my bf lost his mom in feb 14 2008. and when i discused that me and my dd move 2 different place he asked y and stuff and said i think we need some space cuz his mom was like mine 2 and we are both having trouble with this! i am on meds now for it but its ruining us cuz he won't get help what should i do?

butterscotch297

Asked by butterscotch297 at 6:31 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Relationships

• just be supportive that is all you can do hun... i mean you got help guys 1/2 the time don't get help. at all.. expecally emotional things. if he needs space give it to him. i am sure that you and him will make it though this. he just need sometime to think and handle it himself.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 6:34 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Losing a parent is SO hard, which I know from personal experience. He may just need his own time to deal with it and whatever else may be going on with him. It's not only super stressful, but it's very much a downer, as I'm sure you can imagine. Unfortunately, if he is unwilling to get help at this point, it may just be something you have to let go and let happen....the best solution for it may just be, simply, time.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 6:34 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• My SO lost his mom at 14 and during hard times it still gets to him. This is something that is going to take time. I do think he should be getting some sort of counseling. Were I live the hospice is a great place for it. It's there specialty. See if he would be willing to go at least once. Tell him if not for himself then for you and the baby.
    He is no good to anyone if he does not take care of himself, same for you.
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 6:40 PM on Nov. 24, 2008