Hot flashes when do they start?

I am only 35 I and waking at night wet. I can't sleep close to hubby without making the whole bed wet sweat. I wounder if I am to young like my Mom said or could I be starting the change?

I can't have anything with soy in the house my 2 yr. old can' t stand it even on her skin

mandyandthree

Asked by mandyandthree at 10:18 AM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Health

• "The change" has no real starting time. It's different for everyone. It's entirely possible for you to be in peri-menopause right now. I know women who started in their 30's. It's not uncommon. I would ask my doctor, however, to make sure it's that & not a symptom of something else.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:21 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I am 38 and even before I had my daughter, she is 2 1/2 now, I started having hot flashes periodically, my ob said that it was perfectly normal and that there was no specific time frame, every woman is different. I would talk to my ob about it, though.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 10:24 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Do you happen to drink soy milk? That will give false menopausal symptoms. And, no, you're not too young. Get some black kohash (spelling?) tea or suppliments It helps with those symptoms: Hot flashes, night sweats, irratability, insomnia. You might also have to have hormone treatment.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 10:27 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Nornally when one's finished with their period. And yes , you do seem a bit young for the hot flashes.. The best thing for you to do is to go and see your gynecologist. And find out if thats what it is. If not go and See your doctor and find out what causes these hot flashes.And then you'll know what to do.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 10:34 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I'm in my 20s and I get night sweats already. Menopause comes early in my family.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:44 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I started peri-menopause at 40 (I'm now 48).

The age range most women start peri-menopause is early 40's. However, women can (and do ) start earlier. When a woman starts peri-menopause is affected by many things: lifestyle, eating habits, diet and exercise habits, smoking, drinking, drug use, stress, pattern in family history of when women started peri-menopause, medications, and many other things. So it is entirely possible to start at your age. If you really want to know, you can go to the doctor and have a hormone check ran to see if you are starting peri-menopause. The only thing is, the test aren't really that accurate and have to be done a few times, because of the natural hormone fluxes that happen during peri-menopause.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 11:52 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Thank-you you are all so helpful! ;)
    mandyandthree

Comment by mandyandthree (original poster) at 11:58 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• They started for me at 37. I am now 41. They eased off when I started taking Vitamin E (400mg or higher).
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:04 PM on Mar. 17, 2011