Wisdom teeth?

My wisdom teeth have started growing in, almost fully.. and so far I'm having no problems with them.. no pain, and they are growing in straight. Am I supposed to make an app to have them removed, even if I'm having no problems with them? Or do I just let it be? DH said that wisdom teeth should be removed when they start growing in, but I'd rather keep them if they arent bothering me.. What should I do? Ty

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Health

• If they grow in straight & there is no overcrowding there is no reason to remove them. My husband still has his & he' s nearly 40. I had mine out in my 20's (when I could afford dental insurance) but mine were all cock-eyed & causing problems.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Nope, if they are causing no problem then there is no need to remove them. They remove those who have issues or they can see in the near future that they will cause problems. Mine are all impacted and one is hitting my jawbone. Problem is, I cannot have them removed quite yet due to being pregnant. I know it can be done, but my dentist didn't recommend it. So, eventually, I will have to get them the heck out of my mouth. Glad urs aren't giving you any problems :) consider yourself lucky!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:38 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• You're one of the lucky ones! Mine were so bad,and swollen, it was affecting my hearing. I had to have all 4 out, but I'm so glad I did. Hope you continue to be trouble free.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 10:40 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Any dentist will tell u if they r not causing any problems leave them alone. They will not pull them out unless there is a problem. Tell your hubby he is wrong!!!! Y would he say that?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:56 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• How old are you?
    I got mine taken out at the age of 8.
    That is why I am asking.
    If you are 8 and have a darling husband you must be some kind of royalty.
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 12:00 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I'm 21 and they started growing in a few months ago.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:10 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I have no clue..but I would love to know, as well! I'll be 25 in June and my fourth is finally coming out. I've been working on getting them since my first popped through when my Son was 5 months old - and His first tooth popped through the same day! Weird, huh? ;P
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 2:00 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• if they are straight they won't. unfortunately for me my wisdom teeth are impacted but refuse to come through the gums, and when i get sinus problems it makes it more painful:(
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 7:17 PM on Mar. 17, 2011