Are any of you more emotional now that you're a wife and mother?

I am... I used to have a pretty hard heart. Death, love, births, marriage couldn't move me. Since I've been with my husband I've really softened up and things that I wouldn't have cared about before pull on my heartstrings and make me upset, cry, or just touch me. Even more so now that I'm a mommy. Anybody else in the same boat? Why do you guys think this happened? My grandma said it's because I'm in love...

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 6:35 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Oh, yes, Sweetie! Now that I have LO's all the crime and stuff like that I see on the news makes me wonder how my kids are going to have a safe secure life, and this makes me much more emotional about all that I see. I watch those birthing shows on TLC and it always makes me cry b/c I KNOW what those moms on the TV are feeling. There's nothing like holding your precious baby in your arms to open up the walls a person has built up aroung her heart!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 6:42 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• When I read this, I laughed, I cried, I got ferclemped! JK.....LMAO.
    Answer....Most definetely. And I agree that it's because of LOVE. It's a powerful emotion.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 6:38 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• OH MY GOSH!! I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST ME!!! I never cried at commercials, births, weddings, etc... I wasn't hard core or anything, but I didn't cry unless I'm upset. After I had my DD and got married...its hard for me not to cry. I cry when other people cry, I cry at almost every movie, I cry at commercials...I cried at the spagetti noodle commercial...the one where a little girl and her mom go out to eat, and her daughter has a teddy bear, and her dad is the chef and he pops up and she yells "papa!"...I always tear up...lol...
    YanniSmoMMy

Answer by YanniSmoMMy at 6:45 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I want to be a wedding planner, and my husband told me, "you have to stop crying at them first! No bride wan'ts you sobbing more than her mother on her wedding!" LMBO...Oh and dont let, World's Most Amazing Videos be on....I have to watch that with a box of tissues...lol...but yea, I agree it's love and your heart has opened up so much, not necessarilly that you get hurt easily, but its like you feel more...I love it tho...wouldn't change it for the world! lol
    YanniSmoMMy

• When I had my first all of a sudden I cryed on an on-star commercial. I just thought WTH. I am used to it now. My SO thinks it's cute and always does the awe your crying with a hug I love it.

My first I also wanted to go live in the mountains or something. All of a sudden there were so many dangers and I wanted to hide him from them. I got over that and just do my best to protect him from those dangers yet not shelter him. Parenting is a balancing act. lol

BTW I lived on a military base at the time and it was when are troops were just starting to deploy. I didnt like it because I am a peace lovn hippy. It was just hard then.
    Anonymous

• my friends used to call me the ice princess. lol. i was the same way, but i'm a lot different now too.
    Anonymous