Pregnancy Test...when?

When is the earliest i can take a test? We are trying to conceive..havent missed a period yet.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I would wait until your missed period GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 10:39 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I agree with kylansmommy09, buying pregnancy tests are a waste untill you have missed a period, don't worry I'm with you on trying to wait and get pregnant, I've been waiting for over five months for a missed period :(
    AleighaMA

Answer by AleighaMA at 10:46 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Aleigha!! I hope you get one soon! We just started and I want it to happen when it is meant to happen but I'm so excited I just want to know NOW :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:19 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Despite the excitement to know now, it's not something you get to control. You're best bet is to wait until you miss your cycle. That said most tests now days allow you to test five days before your period is due. There's really no wiggle room. A week for the egg to travel to the uterus, a week to implant, and another week for enough HCG to build up in your system to register on a test. Of course by the next week your cycle would be due to start.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:00 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• My best advice to you is to wait at least until your period is due. Even waiting an additional week would be good, because pregnancy tests are expensive and sometimes HcG doesn't always show up when expected.
    SnapdragonSMT

Answer by SnapdragonSMT at 8:01 PM on Mar. 18, 2011