Why am I so emotional now...

I went into early labor on Saturday and the hospital stopped me. I was really excited and can't wait to meet our little boy and now ever since I got home i have been an emotional wreck.
I cry at the drop of a hat and can't do anything right.
My emotions were great before now and now I'm crazy.

Sweetie1202

Asked by Sweetie1202 at 6:37 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I went into labor at 33 1/2 weeks, and the hospital stopped it because it would not be safe for the baby.

I understand what you are going through...but think of it this way:
    You know what the contractions feel like, so you will know when it is time to go back in again.
    This gives you time to make sure that your bags (and babies!) are packed and ready to go, the car seat is in the car, etc. etc.

Pregnancy is an emotional time, pre-term labor or not. I know you are probably huge and miserable and ready for that little baby to come on out, but it just isn't time yet. Go ahead and cry, feel frustrated, and all of that. Its totally normal! Labor brings on more hormonal changes than just being pregnant does. Its OK!!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:50 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• how far are you? i say you're upset becasue you were excited to meet your baby and now he's still in your belly and you're dissapointed. I thought I was going into labor wed. (turns out it was other stuff but not labor) and though i know it's too early (i'm not due till Jan. 14th) i was a little excited too but still scared. I understand and think it's natural. I'm pretty depressed right now too. i guess all you can do is let yourself feel the way you feel and wait it out. that's what i have to do too.
    flower33

Answer by flower33 at 6:42 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I think false labor makes it just that much more REAL...you're going to be a Mommy soon!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:51 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Talk to someone
    scoke19

Answer by scoke19 at 9:02 PM on Nov. 24, 2008