Hey, my husband and I have been trying to concieve for awhile now and if yo have any tips I'd love to know!

AleighaMA

Asked by AleighaMA at 10:43 AM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Well, after sex you are going to want to stand on your head for about 20 minutes, lol. Just kidding. You are going to want to figure out when your fertile days are. Chart your cervical mucus. When you are ovulating your cervical mucus will have an egg white texture and will be stringy. Also the best position during that time is the good ole missionary position, lol. What I did was placed a pillow under my bottom after and layed there for about 20 minutes. They also sell a pre seed lubricant which I heard works well. Another option would be an ovulation predictor kit. you can google trying to conceive. There are so many things can do while trying. Be sure to take your prenatals and eat healthy so your body is in tip top shape when you do conceive :) I wish you lots of luck!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:51 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Believe or not for some women it is hard to get pregnant because they may ovulate for a short time.You need to visit your doctor and find out when you are ovulating.

My daughter ovulates only in October, so her 3 kids B days around the same time lol
    She did check her mucus and took her temperature and also did some sex position and stayed in bed after sex for a few minutes. (kept her butt up)
    And we thought getting pregnant was easy lol If you are a teen I'm sure it is lol
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:04 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Very true. I agree with gammie. I tend to be a fertile myrtle lol. I get pregnant even when on birth control. She had some good advice. If you check with your doctor, he or she maybe able to help you as well.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:19 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• #1 You do NOT need to visit a doctor in order to find out when you ovulate. How silly. You only need to CHART in order to determine ovulation,

#2 ALL women ovulate for a short time...ONE DAY A MONTH...but you have fertile days prior to that when you have fertile cervical mucus.

#3 The book TAKING CHARGE OF YOUR FERTILITY can teach you and you can chart for FREE at http://www.fertilityfriend.com/

miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 11:20 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• What miasmommy said, and it could be b/c you're stressing about it too much. My BFF and her DH tried for 6 or 7 months and finally they said "Screw it. If it happens, it happens." The next month they were pregnant. I know a few other couples that had the same problem and once they quit "trying" the got pregnant.
    liz.1986

Answer by liz.1986 at 1:20 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• after your period stops have sex every other day for a week or 2 just to make sure you get that egg worked for me twice......lol....... also lay with your legs elevated for a half hour or even fall asleep after intercourse this will keep the sperm up you cervix..... good luck baby dust to you!!!!!!!!!!!
    shawnette123

Answer by shawnette123 at 1:40 PM on Mar. 19, 2011