braces at 21?

what would you think imlooking into getting braces in the future cuz i have a really really bad overbite from sucking my thumb im just embarrased to get em and walk around with them on. what is your first impression when you see an adult with braces?

brandnew744

Asked by brandnew744 at 6:40 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• when i worked at cracker barrel i saw ppl in there 40's with braces. yeah 40's... i think it is ok. you are trying to improve yourself. like you i have a very bad overbite. when i get inscrance i am going to get braces too!!!
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 6:42 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• My family doctor wore braces for two years =] She has seven kids and has a very successful practice with her husband (also a doctor). So hell, if a successful, professional woman with SEVEN kids is willing to endure two years of braces, then you have no reason to be scared at all =D

Who knows, maybe you're a good candidate for Invisalign. If I had the money I would get it. I have an overbite due to thumb sucking too :(
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:49 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• My 20 year old daughter , Sherrie has them. I think nothing of seeing an adult with braces, and I'm sure that neither does anyone else. Go for it!!!
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 7:22 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I just got my braces off and I am 34!
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:01 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Do It!! I had braces in my 30's and it was done and over quickly and soooo worth it. I love my beautiful straight teeth...I see myself in pictures and love my smile . If it will improve your self confidence--do it. Confidence is priceless!!! Good luck girl!
    jrgorby19

Answer by jrgorby19 at 9:34 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• My mother got hers at age 56!!!! Go for it!
    ZachsMom1106

Answer by ZachsMom1106 at 5:21 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• If you need them, then get them. To heck with age.
    If you feel uncomfortable about wearing the metallic ones, ask about the invisible braces.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:39 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!! You're still nice and young and think how awesome you're gonna look when you get them off! I LOVE seeing older people in braces as well. Shows they are finally able to give themselves an long overdo uplift!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:16 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• i am 22 and i am going for my first appointment for braces in march! i have been so ready to get them i was scared that i wouldnt get approved for them. i have to admit i feel weird to think i am getting braces and being older but its going to be so worth it, i havent been able to smile showing my teeth ever. i have a major overbite from playing the clarinet for so long, and i cant stand to look at myself from the side. you probably know what i am talking about. but its going to be so worth it, hopefully it will help me lose my baby weight too. i know its a bit awkward to see older adults with braces, but its not a bad thing. they probably feel the same way we feel.
    chance010507

Answer by chance010507 at 8:34 AM on Feb. 17, 2009