For those who share a bedroom with your toddler/baby... adult content

Do you engage in intercourse while your child is sound asleep? My dh swears it's fine because he's sleeping but I just can't get over the feeling of guilt LoL so lately it's been a living room thing, quite inconvenient so I wondered how you all felt about it.

jspenny2705

Asked by jspenny2705 at 11:09 AM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I had to share a room with my dd until she was 3 :( And it sucked...a big mood killer because in the back of your mind you are paranoid that she/he may see something. A tip - I came up with the idea to only do one position in the bed -- and that is sideways - because if she started to stir, we could easily look like we were spooning.
    PurplWildFlower

Answer by PurplWildFlower at 11:14 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• oh my lol no way.... i can't if our kids are in the same room, or if they're awake in the other room
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:11 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• lol dh always tries when our kids are still up, even if they are in their rooms i'm like "uh no, the kids are up" i just can't get into it when i can hear little voices talking to their stuffed animals lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:14 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• My ex and I had the same problem and he wanted to do it and I just couldn't get into the mood. Its just weird to be going at it and then look over and see your child sleeping their. My boys now sleep in their own bed so whenever I finally do find someone to share my bed it will not be a problem.
    jnb71584

Answer by jnb71584 at 11:16 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• No not when they were that age. If they were under 6 months we would occasionally. We just got a blanket & put it over the crib railing while she was asleep. We had to fit it in some time lol, with 3 kids it kinda hard to get some whoopee.
    iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 12:01 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Well, I'm a single mom so that circumstance never happened.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:11 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• my thoughts exactly, i can't even get aroused when I can hear him rolling over in his bed on the other side of the room LoL sleeping or not, NO THANK YOU LoL
    jspenny2705

Comment by jspenny2705 (original poster) at 11:12 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• i wouldnt just due to the fact what if they wake up. i mean if anything you would just stop and say you were kissing but still that leaves questions if they are old enough if its an infinte i dont see the harm in it they wont remember
    blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 11:13 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• My DS is 23mos. and sleeps through the night.
    jspenny2705

Comment by jspenny2705 (original poster) at 11:14 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• my husband wants to when the kids go to bed.. i refuse until they are sleeping, as for my 2 year old still sleeping in our room.. he always falls asleep on the couch. so after they are all asleep we go in our room.. but when we are done i move my 2 year old to our room..
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 11:20 AM on Mar. 17, 2011