Whats the earliest they can determine the sex of your baby?? How early was yours determined?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Chorionic villus sampling at 9 to 12 weeks can tell.
    Amniocentesis at 16 to 20 weeks (or any point later in the pregnancy).
    Ultrasound at 17 to 20 weeks (or any point later in the pregnancy).
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:05 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• only way before birth is for an ultra sound and i was 17 weeks and 3 days
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 6:44 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• my sister in law found out at 15wks but i dont suggest having it done that early if your the one whos going to be paying for u/s i would wait till atleast 19 or 20wks thats the best time if you wana know the sex. my sister in laws husband just happend to work in the u/s lab at the hospital so they got to cheat lol.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 6:48 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I have been told by my gyn/obgyn that around 17-20 weeks.....not really earlier than that.
    Gracie06

Answer by Gracie06 at 6:49 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• An ultrasound is more successful at determining the sex if you're 20 or more weeks along. An amnio can give you a DEFINITE answer, but I'm not sure early those can work...and I definitely wouldn't have one done just to determine the sex of your baby!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:52 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I was in my 7th month before they could my little girl's private area. Tried at my first ultrasound and she was all covered up. lol.
    mommy_bink

Answer by mommy_bink at 7:29 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• My doctor said that between 18 and 22 weeks is ideal. Before that the girl parts and boy parts look to much a like to really get a good look. We would have found out at 18 weeks but she was being stubborn and decided that was not the day she wanted us to know so we had to go back at 21 weeks and we saw the girl parts clear as day!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 7:46 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• 10 weeks CVS test
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 9:54 PM on Nov. 24, 2008