I am kinda worried now........

We live near the mississippi river and they are saying in the next few weeks we are in for a bad flood. The worst it has even been. Make me wonder if it is as bad as they say we will we go?

i didn't know where to put this.

jenn4443

Asked by jenn4443 at 11:24 AM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Health

• We live near the Missouri, and while we aren't directly in a flood zone, surrounding areas are really in for it too - they flood every year but this year is supposed to be the worst for this area too. Like others have said, be ready to go if you have to, get all your important "can't leave it behind" stuff in a big tub or something, prepare your house (get stuff off the floor in the basement or out of the basement, put stuff that's in cardboard boxes in rubbermaid tubs if you have to, etc), and pay attention to the weather. I know for our area they're predicting flood stage on April 1, May 1, and possibly even June 1 yet - just from the snow melting.
    Anonymous

• Wow, i would go just to be safe. Better safe than sorry. God bless ou and your family
    fun3oo

Answer by fun3oo at 11:27 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Health is good.. I'd make plans to leave the area and I would leave the area at the very first sign of rising waters. Protect yourself and your family.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:28 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Scary! Be careful!!
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 11:28 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Prepare yourself. Get all important "can't leave behind" items together, have extra stuff on hand, sand bags maybe?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Well, I would plan for it to get really bad, regardless. If you have somewhere to go, then go there. There's no sense in staying behind and getting hurt or worse. It never hurts to be prepared in an emergency.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:37 AM on Mar. 17, 2011