Rude husband =/

I love my husband so very much and he treats our little family like gold. It's just everyone else in our life that he is rude to...

It's like he's completely uninteresting in having friends. It's fine for me to have them, but he seems content with his family alone.

jspenny2705

Asked by jspenny2705 at 11:28 AM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• My dad was like that. He used to be very social. He had tons of friends. Now he is a hermit and won't leave the house unless we all get on his case. In 3 years this Sunday will be the first time he has come to visit me- it's my baby shower and my mom gave him hell to be there. He loves us all very much but he's just not interested in the rest of the world.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 11:38 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I'm glad that he treats you and your family well.
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 11:35 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Some people are like that. Was he like this when you married him? Or is this a completely new behavior?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:29 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I'm like that myself....I was one of "the popular girls" in high school and as I grew up I just lost interest in keeping up friendships...now I'm totally anti-social, I don't return phone calls, I don't like visiters, unless I can talk to you through the computer we're probably not going to stay friends for very long lol....which is something I'm trying to change about myself but hey....right now it works for me...I'f he's happy I wouldnt worry about it
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:52 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I'm sort of like that. I've always been a loner, and I value my family above all else. Our privacy and our safety and happiness is what's important to me. It's just the way I am. I'm not rude to people though. Maybe he is just lacking people skills.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:53 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• My fiance is really anit-social too. It drives me crazy sometimes... I like to go out on double dates and have dinner parties and meet new people. He is a really judgemental person though. It's hard. I'm happy he is content just being home with me and our son though. :)
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 12:13 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• My husband is the same way. I am anti-social so I don't want to be around people anyway.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 12:30 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• He had tons of friends when we first got together. But as we've grown up and drifted apart from high school friends, he seems completely uninterested in having them at all.
    jspenny2705

Comment by jspenny2705 (original poster) at 11:31 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• My ex-husband was the same way. He would always make it clear with actions, expressions, etc. that he didn't want to be in social situations and he had no friends the whole time we were together. He didn't like me going out with my friends, but well, that was just too bad for him. I was doing nothing wrong - shopping, eating supper here and there with my best friend or sisters.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 2:49 PM on Mar. 17, 2011