Do you think drinking coffee is bad for the baby??

I always get comments that drinking coffee is bad or dissapointing looks that i am drinking coffee. My doctor says that is not bad if I keep a good limit.

ChanQ

Asked by ChanQ at 11:33 AM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• tell ppl to mind their own business b/c coffee is fine in moderation. we give up so much while pregnant...why give up things that are proven safe? so long as you aren't drinking more than a cup or two theres no harm. you drink that coffee!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:47 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• My ob/gyn told me that having one a day wasn't bad. If you like drinking more than one cup a day, then maybe drink decaf instead.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:37 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• u can have 2-3 cups a day then switch to decaf!! :D
    Kelly_Ann

Answer by Kelly_Ann at 11:37 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I wouldn't drink more than a cup a day just to be sure.
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 11:39 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I couldn't survive without my 1 cup of coffee a day! I did have to stop drinking it and switched to tea at the beginning of my pregnancy from nausea, but I went right back as soon as i could handle it! I still drink 1 cup in the morning while breastfeeding, and I see no issues or side effects with my bugger butt! I think if you drank nothing but caffeine all day long it would be an issue, but everything is fine in moderation.
    PolenkaPixie

Answer by PolenkaPixie at 11:53 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• i drank soda, but tried to limit it to a cup a day...hard to do when your a caffine addict though lol
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 11:50 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Both my OB and my midwives all told me that 1-2 caffienated drinks a day were perfectly fine. I need to drink caffeine because if I cut it out all together my stomach binds up and the lack of it triggers migraines.

I have been kind of cheating though- I have been getting bold flavored coffee (which I normally never drink) pouring only half a cup and then diluting it with hot water. It cuts the strength and then I don't feel so bad if I need a second cup later in the day.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 11:52 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• 1 cup a day is fine
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 12:03 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I drank 1-2 cans of soda a day while pregnant. Like another PP said, if I didn't I got migraines. Everything in moderation is ok.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:14 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I switched to decaf. 1 small cup should be OK. You can consider doing decaf every other day.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:14 PM on Mar. 17, 2011