Should parents be allowed to spank their unruly child in public ?

grammawjo

Asked by grammawjo at 11:40 AM on Mar. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• No!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:40 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I dont believe in spanking. And to see another mom or adult figure spank their kids is just awful.
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 11:41 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• um they are allowed to but it has to be with your hand and no more than 3 spanks.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:42 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Spank yes, beat no. I'm not a huge fan of spanking, but I am not going to decide if another parent chooses to do so. I don't know what they go through on a daily basis.

I have however swatted my kids hands for constantly throwing things in the cart and grabbing breakables over and over again. And guess what? They stopped! :O
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:43 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• can of worms

meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:44 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Yes of course.
    iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 11:44 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Yes. Too many parents let their little brats get away with murder- especially in public. A bit of discipline would be a good thing!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Allowed? Really?

There is a defining line between abuse and spanking... The rule of three.
    1st one gets their attention.
    2nd is discipline.
    3rd is reinforcement. Anything more is abuse.

We have a wonderful new crop of miserable AP children who run around without discipline, leaving destruction in their wake. When simple communication fails to provide the redirection and immediate discipline needed to convey a message, spanking is warranted.
    We are the ONLY species on the planet who has conceived the notion that physically redirecting a young one is somehow wrong, or bad. It is resulting in miserable, disobedient, hateful, children.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:45 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• i dont spank my kids if they are acting up in public n if both me n my husband are with at the store or where ever we r one of us takes the one who is acting up out to the car n they are not allowed to come back in til they settle down..its worked everytime :) n now they hardly act up cuz they know what will happen!
    mommyof3_21

Answer by mommyof3_21 at 11:50 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Yeah, mommyof3 21, we did that. With four kids. Mine don't care.Not everyone has the luxury to do that. I have a time schedule, I work two jobs, and we need to get food in the house sometime this week. LOL
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:53 AM on Mar. 17, 2011