What would you do if your son was not breathing at night?

As I woke up last night to go and check on my son Jesse, his face was really purple so I hollered for my husband and he called 911. My son was born with a slow heart for some reason and I never have done anything bad for that to happen........ And were still in the Hospital but tell me what would you do. I also freaked out and started to cry thinking my only son is going to die on me. Well guess what my son had tumor and came out being cancer..So the hospital i'm at right now is St. Jude Children's hospital..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Sounds like you did all the right things.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:43 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Oh honey I am so sorry my heart is with you!
    Patience909

Answer by Patience909 at 11:43 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Im so sorry :( I would probably freak out the same way. Thats so scary
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 11:43 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Good luck to you!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:45 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• So sorry! My prayers are with you.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 11:47 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Oh, I am so sorry. My oldest DD had apnea as an infant and I was a total wreck. In and out of the hospital, she was always getting some sort of testing done, and she was hooked up to a machine. They never figured out why she was doing that, but she grew out of it. Your situation is a lot worse thoug :( I will be praying for you and your family. I pray that the doctors will be able to help your son and everything turns out for the best.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:48 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• hugs Good luck to you.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 11:49 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• hugsI'm so sorry. It's freightening, I know, but be strong. He needs you to be able to think clearly and calmly right now. Depending on what kind of cancer, children's odds are higher than everyone else's. Sending prayers and thoughts your way. I hope for the best for you and your son.

mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:50 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• You did all the right things and you are in the best place in the world for dealing with those issues. St. Jude is truly a miracle hospital.
    mrsfitz05

Answer by mrsfitz05 at 11:58 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• You are in the BEST place in teh world for your son. Hugs, Mama!! I will keep your son and family in my prayers.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 17, 2011