Any tips for quickly weaning a breastfed child?

I am tired of nursing and I do not want to do it anymore! He is now 13 months old. With my other children, I could distract them enough during the day time that they would just kind of forget about it. But this one is not falling for that trick! He eats table meals ok, has drinks in cups out and around with us as well as healthy snacks, but he still wants to nurse if I am in the room. I stay home with my kids, my husband works long days so I need tips for weaning without having the option of other people watching him. We are down to about three times a day and at bed time.... Thank you!

khedy

Asked by khedy at 11:43 AM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well, I have weaned 5. Only one was easy. You just stop. I had to wear something like a sports bar for a few days. It was literally 3-4 nights of crying(hours) We got through, nights are tough. Good luck.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 11:51 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Same as taking them off the bottle. Just stop giving it to them!
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 11:45 AM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I nursed my youngest for a year and a half. She cried for a few nights while weaning, but she calmed down when she put her hand in my shirt! Only bad thing about that is she is almost 6 now and she still wants to put her hand in my shirt when she is upset or sleepy.
    mommyxdos

Answer by mommyxdos at 11:56 AM on Mar. 17, 2011