Sooo I'm going to kill my husband's little sister!!

She's driving me nuts!!! I swear she's either mentally challenged or just a freakin brat. She's 12 1/2 and acts like a little kid. And PLEASE don't say "It's because she is a little kid." NO, she will be a TEENAGER soon and should have more sense. I just got the last piece of sourdough bread and made a piece of garlic toast. When the little ding went off I got up to go get it and I found her munching on it. I asked what she was doing and she said "I'm eating my toast." I yelled at her and said "I put that in there for ME!" She said "Oh, I thought I put it in there." What am I supposed to do? She knows better. She always says she doesn't know why she does things like that... UGH I'm at my wits end here!! My husband is forever correcting her because he was the one that had to raise her and be the disciplinary and STILL nothing... her parents just say "Oh she's just a baby." or "Oh she's just a little kid."

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 6:51 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Relationships

• Sounds a little bratty to me. She KNEW she didn't put that bread in the toaster!! She just smelled it and thought she'd sneak in and grab it before you got to it. If your in-laws are gonna keep making excuses like "She's just a baby" or "She's just a little kid" she knows they've got her back. In a little while, that's gonna come back to bite them. They'll have more than a Frankenstein monster that they won't be able to handle! You may have to stand guard over your food to make sure she doesn't get it next time. Try to keep calm so you have no trouble making milk for that new little one-- and hey-- CONGRATS, by the way!!
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 7:09 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• LOL! It could be worse, she could be out having sex!!!
    Anonymous

• Ugh I'd rather have a slutty SIL than a dumb one.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 6:53 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• does she live with you if not send her home

Anonymous

• Yeah we all live in a big house that we bought.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 6:54 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• ohh I understand I would just have to put my foot down and call a family meeting you have a new baby to take care of and dont need the stress I feel for you hope things get better

Anonymous

• Marlye, ya need me to come take care of her for ya? i'll only take me 3 days to get there by car!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 7:31 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Sounds like she's a snotty preteen busting your chops and eating your toast. That's a real pain in the butt age for sure.

I think that's very rude behavior and her parents should call her on it. She should also appologize to you. JMO
    pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 7:44 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I think she sounds funny and cute. Next time don't walk away form you food. She got you there.
    Anonymous

• i am with aprilmorgans it will bite them in the butt, my neice was a total brat when she was young and everyone made excuses for her and know she is 23 and lives w/ mil and her dad. she has no respect tells her grandma to f__ off, she is out of control but they let her do it to this day but everytime something happens they call us for help, we just tell them we told them what to do 10 years ago and good luck with her know. so it comes back and there not gonna like it then.( she is like her father though so it comes honestly)
    sdeignan

Answer by sdeignan at 7:55 PM on Nov. 24, 2008