Have you ladies every heard by eating ice while pregnant will make you baby have a full head of hair?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• oh I didn't add and do you think it true?
    Anonymous

• lol i have nvr heard of that one but with my daughter i ate ice all the time and she had a head full of hair but so did my other daughter and i dndnt eat ice with her so im not sure how true that is
    kim2316

Answer by kim2316 at 6:54 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• i think its stupid to be honest heck they say if you have heartburn your baby will have lots of hair well guess what i had heartburn like no tomorrow with my son and he came out as bald as you can get lol. so no dont believe any of those silly wives tales.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 6:54 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Well it's probably just an old wive's tale. However, I DID crave SNOW and ate it while pregnant with my youngest. She WAS born with a full head of black hair, BUT so were most of her sibs ( and the ones I gave birth to , I did not crave ice or snow during the pregnancy), so I don't think that had anything to do with it.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 6:57 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Old wives tales. They are so fun! I ate a ton of ice with my three and they all came out from hairy to bald. lol
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 6:57 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I have heard it also and I was all was eating it (not for that reason tho) my son came out with a head full! and i crave it again with baby #2 and i guess we will see lol
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 6:57 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• lol that is silly! when i was pregnant my daughter she had a full head of dark brown hair like me =] and i never ate any kind of ice lol!
    Juliannamommie

Answer by Juliannamommie at 6:59 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• No, but craving ice is a sign of having low iron! Half of all pregnant women do (and 1/5 of women in general), and that is a HUGE symptom of it. I'd ask your doctor at your next appointment to do a Hemoglobin test. It's a simple finger prick, they usually do them once at the beginning of a pregnancy, and if it's low they'll give you some supplement suggestions. Low iron can also make you tired, and puts you at risk of needing a transfusion during delivery! Babies suck the iron out of you, so you need to have lots of it while pregnant! Chewing ice can also be hard on your teeth (the same as grinding them).

Sorry if I sound really pushy with this, but everyone I've mentioned this to on here before has come back to me and said, "Hey, guess what, I DO have low iron!" :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 7:02 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• no i never eat ice i have way to sensitive teeth btu my son had more then his fair share of hair
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:05 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I had heartburn and ate icepops(helped w/the heartburn)my DD is 5mos and still bald.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 7:40 PM on Nov. 24, 2008