How young is to young to place your child in day care?

I want to put my son in day care but I think it may be to soon.

honda250chick44

Asked by honda250chick44 at 12:03 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think most won't take infants under 6 weeks.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 12:04 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Less than a year old. In my opinion, the first year is the most important year to bond with your child. But my oldest didn't go full-time til she was 2. So it varies after a year old.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 12:04 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I went back to work when my son was 6 weeks. some daycares won't take a baby before then.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 12:05 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• It depends on the situation. My son didn't go to day care until he was about 9 months old...only because family watched him before that. If I didn't have family, then he would have been in day care at 6 weeks old. Some people do not have a choice.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:05 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I put My baby in an in home daycare at 3mnths very AMAZING experience! Sux though you miss em so much but being a single mom and having to be back at work :(
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 12:06 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I had family to watch my girls but my husband is in the military so when we moved I had to put my 3 year old in day care. I checked them out every possible way I could and she loved it
    mommyxdos

Answer by mommyxdos at 12:07 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• My son was 3 months. My daughter was 4 1/2 months. If you wait over a year, sometimes it's an extremely hard adjustment for them. My kids just went with no problem. There was a little 1 year old boy that cried for 2 weeks. I felt bad for him.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:08 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Public daycares won't take them before 6 weeks and normally you aren't released to go back to work until then anyways. I've been lucky enough to have my mom able to watch my son. It won't last forever though. I drive 120 miles a day for her to be able to do this. It's exhausting. He is 7 1/2 months old now...I hope to make it until he is 2 before I put him somewhere else. Hopefully an in-home daycare.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 12:10 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I think before 6 weeks none take a baby. I was blessed to have him out of one until he was about to turn three. I think as long as you know the place is going to take good care then 6 weeks is fine .
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 12:13 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I agree that most places won't take a baby younger than 6 weeks. I personally wouldn't and didn't want to before 6 months.
    Anonymous