Shettles method?

Has anyone tried it and was succesful?

myboysarefirst

Asked by myboysarefirst at 12:09 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• We did! :)
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:20 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• oh good. I am looking into it to try for a girl...we have 2 boys so it would be amazing to have a little girl to add to the family. Thank you so much.
    myboysarefirst

Comment by myboysarefirst (original poster) at 2:10 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• My boy and my girl were both conceived immediately before ovulation.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:57 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• what is this method?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:39 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Supposedly it's not quite as helpful when trying for a girl (trying for a boy can be up to 85% or so) but it certainly can't hurt to tip the scales in your favor. You just have to be absolutely sure of when you ovulate.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:28 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I did for both...worked both times...you MUST chart though to know how many fertile days you have in order for it to work the best.
    Anonymous

• ria7
    The Shettles method is a method to "in a way" choose the sex of the baby...or lean the scales in the direction you want a little more. It tells you when and how often to have intercourse to make the chances of the sex of the baby more in your favor.

I think I heard the same thing JulieJacobKyle. I am JUST starting out with all this and I dont even want to ttc until I get EVERYTHING as accurate as possible, this way I know without a doubt that I did everything I could to improve our chances..
    myboysarefirst

Comment by myboysarefirst (original poster) at 8:23 AM on Mar. 18, 2011