Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I was jus stung by a wasp. Is it ok to breastfeed my baby?


Asked by tiamesmer at 12:35 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Health

Level 13 (1,118 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • Yes, even if you are allergic and had a reaction it would not have any effect on your milk- you can not pass on your allergic reaction. Also, benadryl is perfectly safe to take while BF just be careful, too much of it will cause a drop in your milk supply.

    Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:18 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

  • You can always call the pediatrician office to be sure . . . a nurse there should be able to give you a quick yes or no.

    Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:39 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

  • Nothing wrong with it unless you are allergic to their sting...

    Answer by older at 12:40 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

  • i dont c why not. the chick i work with got stung by one while she was pregnant and her baby was fine. If your worried call your dr

    Answer by chrstny88 at 12:39 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

  • yes you can breast feed

    Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:26 PM on Mar. 17, 2011