Is anyone into Belly Dance? I am interested in learning..need some advice.

What are good training dvd's, books, ect. I really want to learn the dance. Not just follow some stupid video, thank you;)

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 12:44 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Belly Dancing is a ton of fun and it's a great work out. Go to and search for Belly Dancing in your area. That is how I found out about Belly Dancing groups in my area. I've purchased some of my DVD's through It you get Fit TV they have a Belly Dancing work out on there. Good Luck.

Answer by Onmyown2727 at 5:44 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I took a class. But there is a show called Shimmy on Discovery Health (I think?) that goes over the basic belly dancing moves and how to put them together to creat your own dance. It's great exercise and a lot of fun!

Answer by missanc at 12:50 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• It's a GREAT workout...I have no suggestions for you, but I'm wishing you lots of luck!

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 8:09 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Some of the best belly dance/workout dvd's I've seen are by two sisters Neena & Veena Bidasha They have an entire series of dvd's. They have dvd's that are true belly dancing ones, and others that are belly dance fitness workout.

Here's an Amazon link to their dvd's

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:00 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• i have no clue about videos but belly dancing is fun =-D

Answer by sodapple at 6:11 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• The videos in the link look awesome! Can someone belly dance even if they don't "have the hips" for it?

Answer by _Tam_ at 12:34 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• see if there are classes offered in your area

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 12:26 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I am not but it sure looks fun.

Answer by KTMOM at 9:32 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I always wanted to learn

Answer by tazdvl at 12:23 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• If you can Google Dunya, she has many beautiful videos that will inspire you. And she will definitely teach you to dance. She started out as a classical ballerina trained at Julliard and from there found the Eastern mind, body, spirit disciplines. She is awesome.

Answer by lilangilyn at 6:34 PM on Mar. 19, 2011