Early pregnancy depression?

I am 6 weeks pregnant. I want to be pregnant, but this pregnancy so far is turning out to be anything but happy. I am tired, not sleepy tired, but I have no drive to do anything (cleaning the house, playing with my kids). This makes me very upset because I feel like by the time this pregnancy is over my husband and kids will hate me because of what I have become. My stomach has been in knots for days and I know that isn't good for the baby. I wasn't like this a month ago - has this happened to anyone else?

niki2779

Asked by niki2779 at 1:12 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had this in my second trimester. My midwife told me that it was the hormones. She had me make sure my iron levels were up and that I was taking vitamin C. It really helped. Also took something called sepia that helped with the mood swings. Good Luck momma!
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 1:17 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• It can happen. You are hormonal and you are stressed. Talk to your caregiver about what you can do.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 3:04 PM on Mar. 17, 2011