Does anyone have any empty baby jars they want to get rid of?

I'm wanting to make homemade baby food and can"t find empty jars for free or really cheap. If anyone could help me out that would be awesome! Thanks

Meltopia529

Asked by Meltopia529 at 1:18 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• Its not really safe to re-use them to re-make food and seal. Id be VERY careful if your canning things in used disposable seal jars.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:21 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• not sure if you reposted this, or if my answer got deleted. but i have a ton, idk where you're located at, i'm in va. i'm about to trash them if no one will take them (even put them on craigslist for free)
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 1:21 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I'm in IN, would you be willing to ship them?
    Meltopia529

Comment by Meltopia529 (original poster) at 1:23 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• that would cost a lot of money for how much I have =[ i have jars as well as the plastic gerber containers. you should try investing in the plastic GLAD containers, tupperware works great too, and it lasts nearly FOREVER! Idk bout your area, but the walmart here has a big bulk GLAD set that comes with all different sizes of plastic containers for only 20$ it has over 50 pieces.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 1:28 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• The jars can be re-used if boiled, but you can get tupperware style containers or even just use ice cube trays. But to find ones local to you, join your local chapter of freecycle.org and ask for some. I reuse them for lotions and deodorants and whenever I ask on freecycle I always find several ladies with tons of them
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:32 PM on Mar. 17, 2011