I bought this heart dobbler

from babys r us and was excited to open it and use it. I cant hear the babys heart beatting like the drs can with theirs. All i can heafr it what sound like maybe bubbles or something. When do you think I should be able to hear through it. My kids were really dissapointed when they could hear her heart..

BUTTERFLY463

Asked by BUTTERFLY463 at 1:35 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• http://www.parenttime.com/babyarticles/fetaldoppler.html

DOPPLER?
    The heartbeat sounds like a "swoosh swoosh" sound usually. Click on that link or copy and paste it to get information.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 1:41 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• From the reviews I have read, there is a chance that you may not be able to hear a heartbeat clearer until the very late stages.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 3:02 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Oh ok Well maybe thats what the the problem is then. I wish i could purchase one of those ones like the dr.s have.
    BUTTERFLY463

Comment by BUTTERFLY463 (original poster) at 3:03 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I could never hear mine with it either. I don't know if I just used it wrong or what but I never heard it.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 9:00 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• It'll sound watery if you're on the cord, and you can hear a "crisper" sound when you're right on the baby... You'll know which is which eventually.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 1:06 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• The ones we can purchase aren't as "sensitive"...so you may have to wait until you're further along =(
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 9:40 AM on Mar. 19, 2011