How many of you are first time moms

and are concerned with the lost of sleep?

BUTTERFLY463

Asked by BUTTERFLY463 at 1:38 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Lol sounds like you are pretty tired :) I didn't have time to be concerned with it. While I was pregnant, I was commuting to school, working, being a wife, caring for our pet and developing preeclampsia. I had my son during midterms of my last semester of college. When I got home with the baby I had to look after a new baby, make up the homework and tests I had missed while in the hospital, do my current homework and projects, clean the house, recover from the preeclampsia, stay up at night so my husband could sleep the few hours he was home (he was working 100 hrs a week for the first two months our son was with us) and try to do all well with about 2-3 hours of broken sleep a day. I honestly can't remember much of those first three months.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 2:06 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• You did a lot. It never bothered me though. I was just going to say that when you are in the hospital, they kinda prep you for the waking up in the middle of the night because they constantly come in and out of your room to take blood , blood pressure and so on and so on, Lol.

BUTTERFLY463

Comment by BUTTERFLY463 (original poster) at 2:09 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• dEPENDS ON HOW you and your baby sleep - my son woke every 20 minutes for like 6 months-no lie - he had such severe colic he lacked self soothing skills, he is 3 and still will wake from 2 to 5 timse a night and now my body is so used to it that I wake several times a night on my own so I get a grand total of maybe 3-4 hours total every night. nothing can prepare you for that.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:14 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I'm not but I remember those days....
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 3:00 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I am not a first time Mom but I feel your pain. I am pretty sure that I have not slept since I became a Mom. giggle giggle. but you do get used it and learn to sleep on little to no sleep.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 8:59 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Oh yeah that was horrible too. I even got woken up at about 6 am after not falling asleep until about 4 am and the person who woke me up started dragging me around the hospital. We ended up in endoscopy. They asked me where my IV was and I had to reply that I didn't have one. Apparently they were supposed to get the woman next door to me. I was so tired I hardly even knew what was going on, I thought they wanted another ultrasound or something and of course the transport person had a cold and lost his voice so he couldn't talk. lol That incident lead to the hospital making new rules for their transport teams and all the big wigs came to see if I was going to sue. Nothing happened so I didn't care one bit but if they had tried to do something to me I wouldn't have been able to laugh about it.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 7:34 PM on Mar. 24, 2011