Strep Throat!

I know I have strep throat I get it every year but I went to soon to the doc. for the test to come back positive! I can't wait another 3 days before it gets worse for them to give me antibiotics! Is there any home remedies to cure strep while being pregnant. I have another baby to care of I can afford to be sick!

lil_shannie

Asked by lil_shannie at 2:08 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Health

• Gargle with warm salt water, drink sage tea and honey - those are the things my mom always recommended.

Answer by missanc at 2:15 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• It's been running around my house. From my daughter, the monday before her birthday/party; to my husband the DAY before, to my son the day after. Now shes' done with the amoxicillin and the boys are still on it.

I'd suggest going to the ER/urgent care. BUT, if your doctor's office is like mine they should have done an express test in the office, if that came back negative they should have sent the sample off to the lab for culture. Then called you when the culture came back positive.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:17 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• GOOD LUCK...I had it for a couple of weeks and it takes 4 days before penicillin (the only thing they say works) starts to take away the pain. I'm very sorry. OUCH
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:10 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Feel like im getting it myself! Not much you can do until you get the medicine :(
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 2:12 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Salt water...it'll help with the soreness.
    Hope you feel better momma!
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 2:32 PM on Mar. 17, 2011