Opinions on hair extensions??

So I feel like my hair will never grow past a certain point...I wait and wait and it just won't grow much further past my shoulders. I want long hair!

What are your opinions on hair extensions? Are they worth the money? Too much of a hassle? Good? Bad?

davila26

Asked by davila26 at 2:10 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I don't have any,but,girls at work do and they look good with them.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:12 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• they can be great, if done by a reputable cosmetologist. ask around, get solid references, then if you can afford the upkeep, do it. this is definitely one area where you get what you pay for..if its cheap, the job will be, too.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:13 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• my sister has them. You wash them like you would human hair when you get hairspray in them and such. She says that is it a bit too much work ONLY because everytime she wears them, you have to go to a salon to get it styled then so they blend in with your regular hair but maybe you could do it yourself idk...i dont think she ever tried.

If you invested money intot them, you will always have them.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:16 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• If you have them put in, make sure it's a professional known for doing extensions.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 2:30 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• A lady by the name of Toni Brattin sold clip on hair extensions (along with dozens of styles of wigs and clip on pony tails and more) on HSN for the longest time. I had 2 sets of her extensions and LOVED them because they were as simple as baretting in place, and only about $40. She's no logner on HSN, but her own website is FINALLY up: http://www.tonibrattin.com/products.html
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:32 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Thanks ladies!
    davila26

Comment by davila26 (original poster) at 3:02 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• spend the money to go to a good stylist and get human hair.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:03 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• good ones cost a LOT of money, an insane amount! and take forever to put in. plus they can be uncomfortable. all of that makes them not an option for me personally, but I know a few women that have put in good money for them and love them. you just have to weigh the price, time of application, and how long they'll last vs. just having shorter hair that's easy.
    spastic_poodle

Answer by spastic_poodle at 10:33 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• If you get them done, go to a professional! And make sure to use human hair
    MaterialGirl198

Answer by MaterialGirl198 at 12:22 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• And stay away from bonding! Get them sewn in!
    MaterialGirl198