What to do with my hair

I need simple hair styles, all I do is wear my hari up in a bun, I have a loose curly hair long and my husband is complining that all I do is wear it up whats somethig thats simple I can a mother of 3 young kids so I dont have much time

SkylaReneeMom

Asked by SkylaReneeMom at 2:21 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• You can cut it shorter. I recently cut off over 14 inches of length and Im LOVING short hair. Mine has always been really long. It was always in a pony tail or bun.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:23 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Wear it down? Pull it into a high, tight pony and gel/spray the top down smooth but leave the pony long and curly.
    Anonymous

• I can not cut my hair I tried it once and short hair is not for me I felt I looked funny
    SkylaReneeMom

Comment by SkylaReneeMom (original poster) at 2:25 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I cut 15 inches off of mine at one time. It wasn't "short" but was much shorter than what I'm used to. I didn't like it at that length, but ended up loving it in between where it had been and where I cut it to. I now wear it a couple inches past my shoulders with long layers. I don't do anything to it - at all! No blow dryer, no curling iron, no straightener. But I'm fortunate I have curly thick hair and most people think I spend a lot of time on it.

Answer by missanc at 2:41 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I know what you mean about not feeling yourself with short hair.

If you can French braid, a loosely done braid down the center is quick and pretty for long curly hair. :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 4:25 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I would do a scrunch and go look for a quick easy style.. just put a little mouse in, and scrunch and go (or use a difuser if you blow dry).
    it's quick and easy, but allows you to wear it down.

If your not a fan of the curls, invest in a good straightener.. it use to take me an half an hour to do it, when they first came out with a crappy one, but a good one I have it cut down to 5 minutes.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:08 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• you can also do a quick rolling technique before bed and come out with cute loose curly hair..

try some bangs, some side sweep bangs with loose curls is hot right now as well.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:09 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I have the same kind of hair and yeah, cutting it isn't an option. I usually wear it down or pulled halfway up with the tie in the middle of the back of my head, or a low ponytail with the tie a bit off center and pulled over one shoulder. You might also try a high ponytail with a cute little bump held in with pins.

Also try washing your hair at night, rinsing it upside down so the curl doesn't get pulled out with the water. When you sleep on wet hair down it 1. can't really make you sick and 2. usually bunches up the curl so when you wake up the curls are amazing and natural.
    spastic_poodle

Answer by spastic_poodle at 10:29 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I watched tons of youtube videos and one day I went and got my long hair cut into a aline bob. I loved it. If you dont want to go short..then I would maybe for the for the long aline bob. some layers in the back.. it would definitely be cooler in the summer. Take care!
    peachwine

Answer by peachwine at 12:23 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• If you send me a pic of you, I can tell you what you can do to liven up your entire look! I'm a cosmetologist :)
    MaterialGirl198

Answer by MaterialGirl198 at 12:16 PM on Mar. 24, 2011