Has anyone ever had to get a sleep study done for their child?

I am seriously considering getting a referral to do it - .. he officially stopped sleeping through the night the week he turned 2 - he now turned 3 in Nov... we have REtried every method there is, every "trick" animal, colored night lights, fan, music, CIO, sleeping with him, monster spray, adjusting his diet, melatonin, adjusting nap time to no naps, extra excersize, weighted blankets, he has always had a bedtime routine and gets over stimulated by fragerances like lavender- etc.. I "think" he gets growing pains but at least it should stop in the breaks of his growth spurts but it doesn't. the past 2 nights he woke 5 times.. this has now become a habit for me to wake also so I wake on my own 4 to 5 times besides when he gets up - when he wakes, he most of the time just says mommy over and over - or I NEED YOU - sometimes he tells me his dreams but not always.. also, his body seems to be constantly in motion which is also a concern to me -any one done a sleep study ?

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 2:29 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• Id be asking his Dr if there is an underlying condition causing this. A sleep study sounds in order for this little guy.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:32 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Oh I have tried 3 different opinions - all to which I am being told I am the one creating the problem.. by going to him or trying to "fix" his problems when he wakes - although I have tried NOT going to him and he only gets more upset.. I am getting no where with the Dr's in this area. We recently switched insurances where I might not need the referral but my husband isn't really on board to get a sleep study done for a 3 year old..
    maxsmom11807

Comment by maxsmom11807 (original poster) at 2:35 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I haven't.
    MrsJStearns

Answer by MrsJStearns at 10:42 AM on Mar. 18, 2011