What are your thoughts on parents who rely on prayer and not doctors to heal their sick kids?

AngiDas

Asked by AngiDas at 2:33 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I have yet to have a single prayer answered. I'll go to the doctor to get my children treated.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:34 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I feel very sorry for those poor little kids. And I don't want to say anything else.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 2:37 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• It is there belief
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 2:37 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I think they are horrible. I'm diabetic, and i know what happened to the girl in america who died from untreated diabetes. I know how much pain she was in, and these parents could never not have known exactly how ill she was.

Any religion that would want to see children suffer, is not a religion i would want supported.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 2:41 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Poor kids! And I'm sure i'll get voted down but the parents are morons in my opinion.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:41 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• voted you UP,Nanixh ! :-)
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 2:43 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• you can't regulate faith.
    i may disagree, and do everything in my power to convince someone that the medical community does need to step in and HELP..but if its not a life or death situation..can you really have a say in how someone else parents their child?, if its legal?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:43 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• It is there belief
    Answer by kylansmommy09

All well and good when they have a cold, or even the flu. But, when they have leukemia? Diabetes? A brain tumor? No, they can't just pray it away. And they shouldn't be allowed to. If they want to take that risk with their own health, fine, have at it. But NOT with the life of their child.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:43 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• You don't have to say anything to the parents directly,to their face, but you can disapprove , personally. I don't see how anyone could defend them. I wouldn't say anything but....as I posted,I would feel VERY sorry for the kids.
    If it was a life or death matter, the Law or a relative,someone , COULD do something about it,couldn't they?
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 2:46 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I can't understand how ANY parent could see their child in pain, and not do everything humanly possible to help them, INCLUDING getting medical care. Honestly, I think it's child abuse.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:46 PM on Mar. 17, 2011