Pre-K and doesnt like school already

all school year up until now she has decided she doesnt like going to school anymore, her teacher even got to see it last week and we talk to her teacher outside of school so I knowits not her, its just going into the building once she is in class she is fine but as we start to get to school she starts crying her tummy hurts, now monday she woke up came to my room and told me her tummy hurts and I told her good thing there is no school todat then, and she ran off saying ok. we have been talking about it with her and her teacher but cant get anything figured out

SkylaReneeMom

Asked by SkylaReneeMom at 2:36 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My son is in K and it took him ages to mention problems on the school bus. They don't always know how to express how they feel and talk about what is going on. My guess would be that either (1) there is a conflict with another kid that the teacher hasn't seen or (2) she misses you and doesn't know how to express it (especially if there are changes in your family recently or there are kids still at home and she feels she is missing out or is scared you won't be there to pick her up- common w/young kids) or (3) she feels like she is not ready, and it is too hard for her either academically or socially (lots of kids!) and she is scared by that.

there are other possibilities, those are ones I've seen recently and could think up, that don't involve the teacher at all. Good luck!
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 3:01 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Is your daughter shy? or a nervous child? Something may be bothering her. I would just talk to her and make sure that nobody is bothering or upsetting her at school. Let her know she can come and talk to you about anything, making her feel comfortable and hopefully she will open up and tell you if something is bothering her. She may simply not like going there and rather be at home, or it could be just from the seperation from you. Let her know it is okay and that if she needs to tell you anything she can. I hope things get better....Keep us all posted.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 7:07 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• It sounds like she's not ready. Pre-k is not required. Don't force it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:06 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• bump

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:48 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• she may not be ready for school yet; or it may be separation anxiety my son went through this so if you feel she will benefit more with you taking her out and starting her next year then that is what I'd do
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:21 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• She like school up until now? If so then I would guess she is having a problem with another student, maybe being bullied.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 1:38 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I would talk to her maybe somethiing at school or someone is bothering her
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 3:49 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Bullying?
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:15 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• she has gone to headstart last year and preK this year and she loved school, but thank goodness she was happy to go today after spring break maybe she just needed a break
    SkylaReneeMom

Comment by SkylaReneeMom (original poster) at 10:45 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I agree she might not be ready
    chiquis

Answer by chiquis at 3:07 AM on Mar. 22, 2011