• In the Spotlight:

My tummy hurts mommy

my daughter has been complaing of her tummy hurting for weeks now, I took her to the dr and they said she was fine, the dr just looked at her, not checked her didnt even touch her. its been going on for awhile but she has no other signs

SkylaReneeMom

Asked by SkylaReneeMom at 2:39 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Health

• take her to a different doctor...one that will actually examine her. And he got paid for that? How old is she?
    luvmebrats9

Answer by luvmebrats9 at 2:41 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• she is 5 years old
    SkylaReneeMom

Comment by SkylaReneeMom (original poster) at 2:42 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• ugh.. I hate Dr's. * bump*
    has she been constipated at all? Eating anything recently she hadn't before this?
    could she be going through a growth spurt? Any seasonal allergies? sometimes nasal drainage can give an upset tummy.. how old is she? Are there any other signs?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:42 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Absent of any other symptoms like a change in bowel movements or puking or not eating, the only thing I can think of is she is not getting enough water in her diet or perhaps to much food that cause gas, which can hurt., or maybe to much spicy stuff. Iv even seen quite a few kids say it hurts just to get attention.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:43 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Everything is the same nothing new no allergies but they think she has asthmia and thats it no other signs
    SkylaReneeMom

Comment by SkylaReneeMom (original poster) at 2:45 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• My daughter went through this for a good year. Her doctor indicated she was constipated and to do the normal things to get things moving (more water, fiber, etc.). We had already been doing these things and we knew she was dealing with constipation but there was more to it, I just knew. Doc said to keep at it.

I happened to have my daughter with me one day at my older daughter's DAN appointment and mentioned it to the (DAN) doc. The doc suggested supplementing with magnesium. It did the trick. I later switched my youngest to my DAN as her primary doc and tests later determined that she is quite deficient in magnesium, which was what was causing the constipation.
    Anonymous

• Take her to a different dr!
    Mamapunkin21809

Answer by Mamapunkin21809 at 2:45 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Definitely take her to another doctor. Something is wrong. Don't let the doctors tell you nothing is wrong, be persistent, be aggressive.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:46 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• take to a different doctor but I know my three girls have been sick and a flu or virus going around so that might be it. If after dairy or milk then switch to latose free and see if that helps.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:47 PM on Mar. 17, 2011