What is the best fabric to reuhpoulster dining room chairs with?

LovelyC

Asked by LovelyC at 2:43 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Something durable, easy to clean and multi-colored.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:01 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I actually went to the fabric store so I could feel the fabrics and look at the colors next to my paint swatch. I ended up with a heavy cotton floral (hides stains better than a solid!). I'll change it again in a few years when I get tired of it!

Answer by missanc at 2:57 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Use a nice weight drapery fabric. and spray it with Scotchguard. Test the Scothguard on a scrap first.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:24 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I would recommend a heavy woven fabric--like a tapestry/jacquard fabric or solid duck cloth.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:41 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Depends on the look and need your going for. Lots of little slobs? I mean kids? Vinal or something washable. Need durable? Try burber fabric. Ask the people at the fabric store as well because they are pretty knowledgable on how fabrics will stand up to wear and tear.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:49 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I hate vinyl in a dining room..and Im not too worried about the little hands, I can always take it off and replace it if it looks too dingy! What about good online fabric stores to shop at?
    LovelyC

Comment by LovelyC (original poster) at 2:51 PM on Mar. 17, 2011