hmm new area lol

so ok holidays .. what is the earliest you decorate for christmas ? me lol i try to make it to the day after thanksgiving lol try to

iloveyall2008

Asked by iloveyall2008 at 7:16 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Holidays

• I usually do it on Dec 5th every year. It was a tradition so I kept it, don't know why.
    Anonymous

• i am itching to get them totes out and have at it.....lol
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 7:38 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Well we usually do it on Thanksgiving, but I got my Christmas stuff out this past weekend. We eneded up putting the Christmas tree up on Sunday. I'm hoping that I can get my husband to put the light up outside on Thursday.
    bbysqd

Answer by bbysqd at 7:59 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• well i was going to wait until after thanksgiving but the weather started to get bad so i already have my lights and stuff up outside...im the only one on the block with christmas lights up...lol...
    armywife814

Answer by armywife814 at 8:01 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• There are a few houses in town that are decorated on the outside. If we weren't hosting Thanksgiving dinner I'd be done decorating, but I promised hubby that I'd wait until after Thanksgiving. So instead of shopping on Black Friday (cause I'm done my shopping!) I'll be decorating!
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 8:52 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• actually this is our first xmas in our own home. and i put them up about a week ago on the 15th. okay maybe two weeks ago lol. :D
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 9:13 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• MommaBear, Congrats on the home! I remember how wonderful that felt to decorate our very own home for the first time! I wish you and your family a blessed Christmas! LOL< back to op's question: we decorate the day after Thanksgiving, the tree is the only thing we wait on, about the first week of December!
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 10:52 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• We try waiting until the day after TG but it gets harder every year. Bit I think TG deserves respect so we try hard to wait...but I do start getting things ready...testing lights that sort of thing.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:46 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• My husband already has the lights up! I told him not to turn them on until after thanksgiving. One holiday at a time people! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Normally the day after Thanksgiving, but since my dh isnt gonna be here for Thanksgiving or Christmas we hung the lights outside and put up the yard decorations. On Friday, I will go and buy our tree and decorated it with the kids.
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 9:42 PM on Nov. 25, 2008