my dog has just developed a bump on his head, by the back of the skull, under the skin and i don't have a vet appt til next week- any idea of what it is??

He also has little lipomas all over, are they related?

we2angels

Asked by we2angels at 11:52 AM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Pets

• Possibly... it could also be a cyst or a bite of some kind??
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:39 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I was thinking a cyst too. Some breeds are more prone to them - like boxers. My boxer girl has one on her head and it's just a small fatty mass, nothing to be concerned about. (Of course we got her checked to confirm things). Good luck with your dog! :)
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 1:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• :( my cat just had a huge bump on her cheek.. and it seemed fine i cleaned it with peroxide and later that day it busted open and it was full of puss and was an open wound... :( sadly we are moving and had to get rid of her.. and our rude landlord said he was coming tomorrow to the house, [we arent allowed to have her] and everything was closed. so i decided it was best for her to have medical attention.. i took her to a vet and said she was a stary :( im so sad and feel horrible... i have been crying ever since!!! sigh.... sorry i went off on my own story. it just reminded me of that...
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• My dog had gotten really weird bumps all over her body one day. I called the vet and he said that I had to give her a cold bath and 2 regular strength benedryl tablets. He said that it was some kind of allergy and that something was going around in the air. The cold bath was to wash off whatever was on her skin and the benedryl was to take the irritation away. I don't know if this is what is going on with your dog, but I hope that it helps. I really hope your appointment goes well. What vet do you go to?
    kristyn2003

Answer by kristyn2003 at 5:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• my dog had a cyst on his head, but it went away, go to your local like feed store and they have something you an inject in it at home I forget what it's called but ask them about it..
    armywifey6

Answer by armywifey6 at 1:29 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• is it a bump or a "smart knot". my dog has one of those.
    Crystal_N

Answer by Crystal_N at 1:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I would say its a cyst
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 2:00 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• might be a tumor. A friend of mine, her dog got the same thing and the vet bills would have been killer and they didn't know if the dog would even survive surgery so they had to put her down. :(
    KimberlySlone

Answer by KimberlySlone at 3:10 PM on Jul. 30, 2008

• Maybe its a cyst. Or your dog is growing a horn.
    mamajody0507

Answer by mamajody0507 at 2:42 AM on Oct. 31, 2008